Are you wanting to grow your business and taste how sweet success can be? You will definitely want to know how to learn about marketing pie! Marketing is an important part of your business operations. Your marketing strategy is the part of your business that attracts clients to you and your products and services – it is how they get to hear about you and get to know you. Marketing helps you build your list or database and then key in your follow-up.
The marketing pie is a tool that I use to help me focus on my business and plan for my day, month, and year. To help you understand the marketing pie, I want you to get a piece of paper and pen. Draw out a circle and draw a line through the middle horizontally and then vertically. Draw a few more lines dissecting the centre of the circle just like you would be slicing a pie. Let’s start with 8 slices. You can keep adding slices to the pie. Each slice of the pie is a marketing tool that you use to attract more customers by serving them with valuable content to boost their business’s bottom line.
Here are eight ways you can build your list and share your expertise with your potential customer:
- Opt-In Box on your website offer a free report, ebook, teleclass, video series, or podcast. If you do not have an opt-in box, you must get one as soon as possible and offer the guests to your site something of value. A way in which they get to know you and what you do.
- Ezine – An electronic newsletter keeps your clients and prospects in the know about what you are up to. They again have another way to get to know you and what you currently up to. You can share articles, blog posts, testimonials, and tips and techniques to help transform their businesses. If you do not know what one is or need some ideas about you should include, I invite you to sign up for mine. Ezines can be sent out every week, biweekly, or monthly. I find biweekly is the best way to stay top of mind.
- Articles – You can create high value content for potential clients that has a bio that send them to your website to learn more.
- Blog – You can blog and showcase your expertise. This a great way for people to learn about your business.
- Video – Create videos that a less than 2 minutes offering 3-5 business tips related to what your offer your clients. This is a very powerful tool!
- Social Media – Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are the top venues for sharing yours events, articles, blogs, and other valuable content with others. Not only can people like or comment on your postings, they can share your posts with their followers.
- Direct Mail – You can utilize postcard marketing to get the word out about your business and provide a free offering to a special report, ebook, or download.
- Teleseminars – Offer a 30- 60 minute teleseminar teaching your clients and prospects about something that they can be doing in their business or their life. This a great way for them to also get to hear your voice and get to know you.
There are several more pieces to the marketing pie that can help build your list, expand your reach, and ultimately grow your business. I challenge you to utilize at least 3 of these marketing tools to launch your business to a whole new level. Learn one piece well before venture onto yoru next piece. Now what piece of the pie would you like? I hear they are pretty delicious!