Time is one of those areas that many of us take for granted one day or another. Have you ever tried tracking your time? I have. Have you ever had some tell you where you could fit in a healthy meal or some exercise? I have. Have you ever challenged yourself to see what you could get done in 20 minutes? I have. Imagine what you could do in twenty minutes.
What would your business be like if you did the following for twenty minutes here or twenty minutes there?
- Write a blog or an article.
- Read a book on a subject area you are trying to learn more about.
- Follow up with 1-2 potential clients.
- Write out thank you cards.
- Plan your day for tomorrow or the next day.
- Spend 20 minutes connecting with your staff or team.
- Map out a calendar of tweets, blog posts, or Facebook posts.
What would your health be like if you spent twenty minutes focusing on your health?
- Go for a walk or doing some super sets of weights at lunch time.
- Plan your meals for the day.
- Take time to listen to music or read a good book.
- Sit in a relaxing bath.
- Call a friend.
What would your relationships look like if you focused on the people you cared most about?
- Read a bedtime story.
- Play a game of soccer or allowed your child to take shots on you in goal.
- Listen to the events of their day.
- Watch their favorite show with them.
- Spend time doing what your spouse or partner likes to do.
- Play a board game.
Twenty minutes here and twenty minutes there adds up quickly and compounded over time can yield amazing results. Empowered engaged teams, better health, and stronger relationships are a few of the outcomes. Think about what you can do in 20 minutes. There is so much you can accomplish. Set a timer for yourself if you are worried. You may enjoy yourself so much and get immerse in what you are doing you may just continue.
Do you want to improve your bottom line in your business? Would you like to improve your health? Do you want to build closer relationships with your family and friends? Get an accountability buddy (aka partner) to hold you accountable for doing something in one area you wish to improve in your life. Watch for the shift that occurs not only in yourself but in others.
Share this blog so you can help others live “rich from the inside out”. Let me know some of your 20 minute strategies!