The results you get in your business are a direct result of your productivity and your focus. Are you wishing you were not pulled so many directions? Do you wish you had more time doing what you love? Would you like to have more “me time” ? Would you like to make more money in your business? You can!
Take a look at your to- do list and what are “Other People’s Agenda” items, or OPA, (sorry – not the thrilling of excitement you may hear at a Greek restaurant). These items can be very time consuming and even drain some of your energy because you are not working on what you really want to complete for you. Enough is enough – it is time to take charge of your time and energy in a whole new way by setting some boundaries by valuing your time.
I have implemented strategies in my business that I know can really help you too. You can become more productive and focused and start seeing better results in your business. Some of these tips may seem simple but when used consistently have great impact by increasing your productivity.
5 Ways to Increase Your Productivity Today:
- Email – Set aside specific times of day in which your check your email. If you check your email first thing in the morning, you are setting yourself up for a lengthy to do list of all the other things people need or want you to do. Remember you are in control – this is your business and your life. Do not check your email until you have had some physical activity, a good breakfast, and planned your day based on your priorities. For heaven’s sakes, turn off the email notifications, they are like bright shiny objects that distract you from what you are working on.
- Telephone Calls – Keep an eye on the time you spend talking on the phone, you can easily get off on a side track conversation. Save non-profit generating phone calls for after business hours or allot them into your calendar in advance. When you are working and focused on a certain project, let your phone go to voicemail and check it when you take a break.
- Meetings – Decide whether or not you need to meet someone in person for a meeting or is the meeting that you can discuss over the phone. A fifteen to twenty minute phone call can save a lot of time in travel and meeting time.
- On the Drive University – Do you have trouble finding time to learn and grow to further develop your business strategies? Listen to audio program in your vehicle so that you can learn and develop new ideas to implement into your business. A stale mind will produce the same results. Innovation and creativity are required for sustainability and growth in your business.
- Track Your Time. Track your time for 30 minute increments for one week. You will be able to see where you are spending your time. Hopefully, it will be on revenue generating activities. A business without revenue is just a hobby.
BONUS TIP – Start your day with at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity. Not only is it good for your health, but you will get those creative juices flowing and pump up your energy for the day.
The time is now for you to focus and plan your day for you. At first you may even find this challenging as you will suddenly have much more time on your hands than you may know what to do with. Time you never thought you had. Use use your time wisely. Start thinking bigger about how much more you can accomplish and the results you can get when you have this extra time. Don’t get tied up with OPA!
Take charge of what is most pressing for you. Imagine yourself being more productive, enjoying greater happiness, and achieving bigger results. What are your priorities right now?