Habits are those practices that we put in place that help to serve us in some shape or form. Whether it be smoking cigarettes, overeating, undereating, gambling, or overspending, the habits you and I form are there for emotional support.As Dr. Phil would say, “How is that working for you?” Why not channel the emotions you have into leading a healthy business lifestyle in order to create the life you want. Women have asked me how can they change or transform into the woman they want to be. The answer is simple! You need to make a decision!!!
Making a decision is one of the most powerful things you can do. It is almost as if a road is cleared and opened for you to drive on saying, ” Lead the way”. People, places, and possibilities come into your life because you have made room for them. I know when I have developed clarity in the direction I wanted for areas of my life and business – God and the universe provided me with the tools and resources. “Here you are!”
Change starts with a decision. Decision is where the action begins. If you want to create or make a change in your life, make a decision to do so. The following changes can start the shift to help you make the change.
- Track the behaviour you want to change. Look for ways you can streamline or improve your progress.
- Stop watching television into the wee hours of the night instead read a book or magazine related to your industry or play a board game with your kids.
- Idenitfy what is currently working and what is not working. What do you need to stop doing?
- Send thank you cards to people who have made a difference in your life
- Stop checking email in the morning and concentrate on revenue generating activities. They give you the biggest bang for your buck!
- Reflect on your day – are there areas you could have improved your conversations or handled situations or tasks differently.
Every change you make, makes a difference. Some changes you will notice overtime and some you may notice almost immediately. Trust me the people around you will also notice and see your shift. The greatest forms of change are incremetal and the most powerful. When you bring your actions and thoughts into clarity and become more aware of what you are doing, change will occur.
Make a plan to support the change by having an accountability buddy, coach, or both. Write down the action steps you will take to create sustainable change. execution is the key!!! Nothing happens without action!
What is one change you know you need to make to get the results that you want?