I remember watching the Oprah Show one day when she had featured a product that she fell in love with. I believe it was a type of soap if I recall. The company was featured another time to share what happened after the show. Phone calls started pouring in and the product sold like crazy. The owners stated it was welcomed, however, it was challenging to keep up. Nice problem to have.
The lesson here is…
Are you READY for your success to arrive?
What do you need to do to get ready for the success that you wish to achieve?
- Get Super Clear. Your success starts with knowing exactly what you wish to achieve. Otherwise, you will not recognize your desired results.
- Develop Your Plan. Write out your plan, systems and processes. This is your “Operations” manual – the strategy of achievers. Do you need to outsource to a virtual assistant? Can you accept a credit card? Do you have a return policy? You may need to build your team so that you have the infrastructure in place to be ready for the influx of sales!!!
- Increase Your Knowledge Base. Do you need further training, courses, or education to increase your competency or establish your credibility.
- Build Your Network. Business growth begins in your backyard but you need to start thinking on a global scale. Do you have a website? Guess what you are global? Use social media to build relationships – you never know what opportunities will come your way.
- Read great books. I can tell if someone is on the road to success by looking at the type of books and magazines they read. Some people have not picked up a book in a very long time. Try reading a biography of someone like Mary Kay Ash, Steve Jobs, or Henry Ford not only will they inspire you with their stories but success leaves clues! Look for them. Better yet, download audiobooks or play CDs in your vehicle during your commute times or transition times (like when you are sitting in a doctor’s office or waiting during your child’s music lesson.) Not only are you utilizing your time more effectively, you are growing and learning. Make sure you take at least one lesson from each book that you will apply to your life or business.
You need to be PREPARED to reap the rewards! What if Oprah called tomorrow? Would you be ready?