Time and money seem to slip through people’s fingers and they often wonder why.
We are all are given the same amount of time 1440 minutes in a day, 168 hours in one week.
However, we are not all given the same amount of money.
The biggest difference between money and time is that you can make more money and you cannot make more time. You can choose to do one thing over another to allot time for certain activities.
Now when it comes to your waistline, the more your burn the more you lose! And if you are trying to lose weight that is a good thing!
The ONE strategy that may change your life to TRACKING YOUR TIME, MONEY, and WAISTLINE!
By tracking where your time, money, food intake, and activity, you can discover where the time thieves, money wasters, and waistline stealers need to improve.
Remember to ask yourself- if you had a good time during the process, was it truly a waste?
Make a choice to become more aware of how you spend your time , resources, food and activity.
Time Thieves or Wasters
- email notifications (binger)
- Social Media and Checking for Replies (Facebook, Twitter)
- surfing the net
- watching too much TV television
- meetings you could have handled by phone
- attending meetings that you are not sure why you are there
- duplicate services
- gym memberships (if you are not using it, cancel it)
- buying things just to buy them
- eating out every night (can also add to your waistline so be careful)
- going to the movies twice a week
- magazine subscriptions you do not read
- eating desserts
- skipping breakfast
- skipping exercise
- watching TV all night long
- late night snacking
Awareness is the key to change! Discover your losses by tracking your activities on a time, money, food intake, or exercise log. Write down what you are doing and how long the task takes, what you are spending money on, how much, and what you project your return on investment to be – how does it contribute to your bottom line? Often the activities, tasks, and purchases bought are out of habit. However when wasters are brought into awareness, you will discover where change needs to occur. You will surprised at where you a lot your time, money, and resources. The bottomline…it is all about the choices you make. Do you really want what you say you want?
Simple tricks of the trade to get you back on track:
- Set up specific times of day when you check your emails.
- Turn off your email notification alert.
- Pre-set social media marketing (www.hootsuite.com) and pop in at set times of the day to check your social media – give yourself a time limit as it is easy to get sucked in!
- You can utilize apps that prevent you from surfing the net or designate a certain amount of time to that activity
- verify the need for an in-person meeting or the need to attend.
- Eliminate duplicate services.
- Cancel subscriptions and memberships that you are not getting value from or utilizing.
- Create a menu plan and get active.
Imagine how productive and how efficient you will be!What would you do if you had more time to play, had more money, or had tip top shape health and body? Oh no – there goes a bright shiny object – better pull back on the reins!