It can be difficult to stay motivated and focused when times get tough or challenging. You may even feel like you are the only one that events are happening to. Let me reassure you, there are many others going through their own challenges as well. What one person sees as a challenge, another sees as an opportunity for growth. I have found that it is not until you actually share what some of your challenges are that people open up compassionately and share their challenges too. Vulnerability makes us human.
In our weakest moments, we need to gain our greatest strength. People often quit their pursuits just when they are about to achieve success because, “It is just too hard to continue.”
Here are some tips to help you stay motivated when your success is just around the corner:
- Stop and look how far you have come. Make a list of all your accomplishments over the past 12 months. Take some time to acknowledge your success or wins! Treasure them. Who have you become in the process?
- Write down what you want to accomplish – your goals. Keeping them in your head does not help others in supporting you. Not only should you write them down, you should share them with someone you trust – someone who can hold you accountable so you can achieve your goals.
- Break your next project into small pieces. Each step you take gets you closer to your end goal. Plan to do 1-2 daily tasks to get closer to reaching yoru goal. Before you know, you will see the end.
- Work on your hardest task first each day. The rest of your day with move with ease. You already have accomplished so much!
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. You can feel challenged but do not be so tough on yourself that you do not even want to attempt anything. Evaluate your expectations, are they realistic for you and the time frame you gave yoursel?. Instant results does not mean those results are repeatable or sustainable. Be there for the long haul. Avoid comparing yourself to others – there is no comparison!
You have not gotten to where you are today by accident. The choices you have made have brought you to where you are today. Ensure you have some down time so that you can enjoy your success as you turn the corner!
I would love to hear some of the ways you stay motivated and some of the successes you have discovered just around the corner.